My Inspiration

My Inspiration
"Soon, I'll have my little angel"

Thursday, February 18, 2010

10 Things You Should NEVER Say to an Infertile...

These are ways I want to answer to these questions. Of course, I never do, but oh, how I've wanted to!

10. When you stop trying then it will happen.

(Um, if I stop trying then how exactly will it happen? Immaculate conception?)

9. Why don't you have any children yet?

(I barely know you. Why is it your business?)

8. You're still young, you have plenty of time for starting a family.

(Actually I don't, infertility increases with age.)

7. Have you tried different sexual positions? Elevating your hips afterward?

(Um, that is private thank you very much!)

6. I understand how you feel; it took me six months to get pregnant with my second child.

(Just walk away, lady! Just walk away!)

5. Be grateful; you get travel and go out without having to worry about babysitters.

(I don't want to travel, or go out. I want to be a mother!)

4. Why don't you just adopt? My friend got pregnant right after she adopted.

(Why don't you just loan me the $100,000 needed to do that?)

3. My kids drive me crazy, why did I decide to have them?

(Really? Are you actually complaining about your kids...to me? Shut up!)

2. You'll understand when you have your own kids.

(Yes! Then I can enter your magical group of mothers who know it all)

And the number one thing that women struggling with infertility do not want to hear...

1. Everything happens for a reason!

(Gee, I have never heard that before!)

I think people should just follow the example of my two faithful supporters of this blog; they always say the right things to encourage me. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love you both!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! This post is PRICELESS!!! Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff? Very funny, but oh-so-true!! (: Love you, keep up the hard work...praying God will reward your faithfulness soon!!

    ReplyDelete