My Inspiration

My Inspiration
"Soon, I'll have my little angel"

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's Time to get Out the Spanking Paddle- I Cheated last night!

Don't misunderstand the title of this blog, it was not that kind of cheating. I know it wasn't the best title considering my husband (whom I love always and forever!) is out of town. BUT it probably got your attention didn't it?

Infidelity is not the form of cheating I am talking about; I cheated on my Fertility Diet! All that talk about PMS and Hersheys with Almonds made really desirous of a chocolate bar. So on my way home yesterday from running errands I stopped at the local gas station and picked one up. I knew I shouldn't! I stood in front of the candy rack and weighed the consequences. I knew I was losing my battle for self control when I started to reach for the King Size version. His royal highness, pleaded with me. But I respectfully passed on him and grabbed the regular size bar. I was proud of myself. By the time I paid for my contraband and headed home, my guilt lessoned. I told myself it was 1 chocolate bar, not drugs for crying out loud. I told myself it will be okay this once, besides I haven't had a chocolate bar in forever. And you know what...? It was the best chocolate bar I have ever eaten and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Yes, afterwards I felt guilty because I have done fabulously for the last week and I blew it.

Before you get out the verbal spanking paddles, I think you should know that I got up this morning and had a bowl of Cheerios with blueberries, and a half of grapefruit (w/o sugar). I have gotten back on track and I will stay there. I promised I would be honest in this blog and I my entire reason for writing it is for accountability and to share my journey with others. Please do not think that me making fun of my chocolate bar experience is an indication that I don't take this journey seriously because I do. Behind God and my husband, having a baby is the most important thing in my life right now. I just wanted you to understand that on this journey even little things like a chocolate craving are a struggle for me. My struggle with obesity isn't entirely a result of my PCOS, my lack of self control and laziness played a huge part as well. This food plan, even though it is full of foods I love is very difficult for me. It's always easy to start a diet or change of habit, the hard part is sticking with it. But I promise you all, I will not give up. I owe it my future baby, my patient husband and to myself to stay true to this journey. As in all things in life we fall down, but it is our ability to get back up that defines us.

In closing this post, I want to give a shout out to the faithful followers of my blog. You are two of my dearest friends and your words of encouragement and love mean the world to me. Thank you so much for starting this journey with me. It is possible I just might have to name my future baby after you. I am delirously thrilled to call you my friends, everyone should have friends like you. Love ya girls.

1 comment:

  1. oh man...I am so with you on a Hershey's bar with Almonds...that has to be my all time FAV too!! (: Way to go getting right back up on your feet and not giving up~this is a lot like our walk with Christ...as much as we desire to live in perfect harmony with God our flesh finds ways to knock us off course and the best part is, our Father is understanding and just requires that we don't give up...we make it right and keep going! So proud of you...praying that your faithfulness will be rewarded quickly! Love you~

    ReplyDelete